Posted on 2016-02-26 by Author Admin
Garage door openers that are integrated into the car adds so much of convenience for the user. Therefore, if you want to integrate your garage door opener into your car, this article will inform you of the steps you need to take.
First of all, you will require having a working garage door remote. If you do not have a remote that will open the garage door, you will need to procure a garage door remote that can be programmed to open it.
The next step is to identify the home link buttons in the car. Usually, they are either found in the rear view mirror or else are found in the visors. The transmitters of the car also need to be identified and located. They are either near the control buttons or near the headlight or could also be placed in the middle of the dashboard.
In case these buttons are already programmed; they need to be cleared of the previous programming. This is done by holding down the outside buttons for an extended period of time.
Once this has been done, the actual procedure of programming the garage door opener begins.
- a) First, one needs to test the garage door remote and ensure that it is functioning well
- b) One should make sure that the button in the car is clear of programming.
- c) The learn button on the garage door opener needs to be identified.
- d) The car should be pulled into the driveway and made to halt directly in front of the door of the garage.
- e) The garage door needs to be closed.
- f) The remote button needs to be pressed and held. If the door doesnt open, it needs to be kept pressed while the next steps are accomplished.
- g) The button that is to be used to operate the garage door, which is on the mirror or the visor of the car, is to be depressed. This is to be done while still holding down the garage door remote button.
- h) The indicator light should either blink rapidly or it should turn off. When this happens, it means that the frequency has matched that of the remote. The entire procedure could take up to 45 seconds. Once done, both, the garage door remote as well as the car button can be released.
- i) The learn button of the opener needs to be pressed and released immediately and then one should immediately go back into the car
- j) Upon entering the car, the person should press the button on the mirror or visor, for at least a second or else till the opener reads the signal.
- k) If one has models like Lift master or Sears, the person will see the openers light flashing. Some models will need the user to press the button once again.
- l) If the entire operation is to be deemed a success, the garage door should close. However, if the transmitter is not functioning then the owners manual needs to be re-read.
If you have someone to help you, while you conduct these steps, it will be much simpler, faster and easier.